Student Ambassador National Programme on Child Protection - 2023
The “Student Ambassador National Programme” is a unique programme organized by National Child Protection Authority in collaboration with Ministry of Education to develop knowledge, skills & attitudes of senior school prefects on child protection.
It is a prime concern to build a leader of a child protection who prioritize child protection, stand against child abuse, take actions to protect children in every possible occasion as future adults or professionals occupy in diverse sectors with the exposure they gain during young age as a Student Ambassador.
This programme will prepare school prefects to take the leadership to stabilize child protection in schools with the support of prefect board. National Child Protection Authority wishes to make present Sri Lankan children sensitive on child protection & make them responsible citizens with leadership through this programme.
Main Objectives :
- Create awareness on the National Policy on Child Protection.
- Get the contribution of school prefects to minimize & to prevent child abuse in the school.
- Ensure the participation of school prefects for decision making process.
- Intervene to develop knowledge, skills & attitudes including leadership of prefects to create a child friendly & protective environment.
- Contribute to build a responsible & accountable prefect community in child protection.
For more information contact :
Ms. Shanika Malalgoda
Director - Planning & Information
National Child Protection Authority
T.P: 071 - 715 15 06
011- 2778911 Ext (142)
Download below registration form & send your dully filled application on or before 30th of April 2023 to National Child Protection Authority, No: 330, Thalwathugoda Rd, Madiwela, Sri Jaywardenepura.
Please mention “University Student Ambassador National Programme” – 2023 on the top left corner of the envelop.